You must provide your medical examiner with the following information:
• Date onset of Stroke / TIA.
• Name and location of treating health care professional.
• What interventions have been done.
• Medications you are taking.
• Treatment plan / frequency of testing
• Last dose of Anticoagulant / Antiseziure medication (If taking)
• Last INR: if on Warfarin (Coumadin)
• Side effects of medication.
• Associated Seizure Activity?
To include presenting symptoms, course, duration of resolution, sequelae including motor weakness, sensory loss, disturbances of emotion or cognition, memory impairment, speech impairment, location of CVA/TIA.
w Certify if: normal examination, clearance from treating neurologist, completed waiting period with no seizures or use of seizure medication
w Waiting period: One year
w Monitoring: none
w Certification period: one year
w Disqualify for: use of anticoagulation, use of anti seizure medication
w Certify if: Completed waiting period, normal neurologic exam including neuro-ophthalmological and neuro –psychological exams or if abnormal, no deficits that would interfere with safe CMV operation, clearance by treating neurologist.
w Waiting period: One year for cerebellar or brain stem strokes, 5 years for cortical/subcortical stroke
w Monitoring: None
w Certification period: One year
w Disqualify for: Residual impairments affecting safe operation of a CMV, use of anticoagulant or anti seizure medication, history of seizures