You must provide your medical examiner with the following information:
• Date onset of Myocardial Infarction (MI) (Heart Attack).
• Name and location of treating health care professional.
• What interventions have been done, CABG?
• Medications you are taking.
• Treatment plan / frequency of testing
• Last dose of Anticagulant (If taking)
• Last INR: if on Warfarin (Coumadin)
• Use of Oxygen
• Side effects of medication.
Any history of chest pain, shortness of breath, swelling of ankles, dizziness or fatigue. Report if symptoms at rest or symptoms on exertion.
First Certification after the Myocardial Infarction:
WAIT: 2 months from the date of the MI
CERTIFY FOR: Maximum of 1 year
1. No symptoms
2. Cardiology clearance
3. ETT every other year (i.e. within last 2 years)
CERTIFY FOR: Maximum of one year