You must provide your medical examiner with the following information:
• Date onset of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
• Location of injury to the
• Associated Loss of conciousness
• Associates Seizure
• Name and location of treating health care professional
• What interventions have been done
• Medications you are taking
• Treatment plan / frequency of testing
• Last dose of Antiseizure medication
• Last blood level Antiseizure medication
• Side effects of medication.
• Recent Seizure Activity?
To include presenting symptoms, course, duration of resolution, sequelae including, motor weakness, sensory loss, disturbances of emotion or cognition, memory impairment, speech impairment.
Certification following TBI
1. TBI with LOC <30 minutes
a. Waiting Period 2 years
CERTIFY FOR: Maximum 2 years
2. TBI with LOC 30 min < 24 hours
a. Waiting Period 2 years if not associated with seizure
b. Waiting Period 5 years if associated with seizure
CERTIFY FOR: Maximum 1 year
3. TBI with LOC >24 hours