You must provide your medical examiner with the following information:
• Date of pulmonary embolism / DVT onset.
• Name and location of treating health care professional.
• What interventions have been done.
• Medications you are taking.
• Treatment plan / frequency of testing
• Last dose of Anticagulant
• Last INR: if on Warfarin (Coumadin)
• Use of Oxygen
• Side effects of medication.
Any history of chest pain, shortness of breath, swelling of ankles, dizziness or fatigue. Report if symptoms at rest or symptoms on exertion.
Waiting period: Three months with no recurrence.
Testing: If you are on Warfarin (Coumadin), you must obtain last 3 months of INR’s to document stability
Driver who is stable and asymptomatic: Certify up to one year
Driver with: Hypoxemia at rest, symptomatic, oxygen use, insufficiently anticoagulated, or severely abnormal lung function documented by testing as above.