You must provide your medical examiner with the following information:
Date of Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery.
Name and location of treating health care professional.
What interventions have been done.
Medications you are taking.
Side effects of medication.
Report: Any history of chest pain, shortness of breath, shortness of breath while sleeping, swelling of ankles, dizziness or fatigue.
Certification Following CABG Surgery:
1. LVEF ≥ 40% post CABG
2. Asymptomatic, sternal healing complete.
3. Tolerating medications with no unacceptable side effects
4. Clearance from treating cardiologist/CV surgeon
5. Waiting period: three (3) months
a. ETT every two years until 5 years post CABG.
b. ANNUAL ETT >5 years post CABG.
CERTIFY FOR: Maximum 1 year
1. Symptomatic for cardiac ischemia / chest pain
2. Incomplete sternal healing
3. EF < 40%
4. Medication intolerance.