You must provide your medical examiner with the following information:
• Date onset of Seizure(s)
• Type of Seizure
• Name and location of treating health care professional
• What interventions have been done
• Medications you are taking
• Treatment plan / frequency of testing
• Last dose of Antiseizure medication
• Last blood level Antiseizure medication
• Side effects of medication.
• Recent Seizure Activity?
To include presenting symptoms, course, duration of resolution, sequelae including, loss of conciousness, motor weakness, sensory loss, disturbances of emotion or cognition, memory impairment, speech impairment, location of seizure focus, if known.
Certification following Seizure
1. Unprovoked Single Episode
a. Waiting Period 5 years
b. Must be off anti-seizure medication 5 years
CERTIFY FOR: Maximum 1 year
2. Seizure Disorder (Epilepsy)
a. Waiting Period 10 years
b. Must be off anti-seizure medication 10 years